I worked on this one in photoshop to bring out the effect in sky. The foreground of the tree adds a different view to the shot. This shot is posted my flickr and 500px site.
Friday, November 2, 2012
Watch my regular posts at
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Grabbing moon used to be a night out job for me. Not anymore now and not scared of the bright featureless full moon as I used to be in the beginning.
This is what I do after many experiments and reading other experienced peers.
1. camera on daylight setting
2. ISO 100
3. Set to Aperture or manual and set f/8.0 and shutter 100
4. Put lens in manual focus and adjust the clarity. (It is impossible to get a focus with moon so small on the screen).
5. See on the screen and play around shutter till the contrast for dark features is good.
6. Now before clicking adjust the moon to the center of the screen and try the zoom 10X
7. The moon is going to get jumpy and move out of the screen fast so you need to adjust the final details with lens focus ring fast and click.
8. If you do not get it right repeat steps 6 and 7 to get the fine details.
9. Crop whatever size shape you want. There is lot of dark space around. I prefer to fill the frame as much as possible.
August 2011 full
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Hot summer days in july lead to a lot of fog due to high content of water vapor and volatile matter in the air. Light clouds and light foggy air gives a beautiful effect and once in a while a lucky chance of have yatch pass close by. The water color is muddy because of a afternoon storm that poured down a bit.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Winds blowing from south-west as the clouds try to cover up the sun and sun runs away to the other part of the world. Amazing cat and mouse chase of storm and sun is seen in this picture. This neither lasts long nor reoccurs frequently.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
A long day of visiting out with the family I decided to just drove down instinctively to have the day fill up with some shots. This is one of the many I got trying to photograph silhouettes of the balanced stones. I love the reflected light how it goes around the rocks